Monday

Airports, Apartments, Old Cities and Birthdays

Hello all... I hope you have been enjoying this wonderful pre-autumn weather. 
I have been really busy with photography, mentoring and traveling over the past couple of months and I realize I have been kind of slack in updating my blog. I appreciate all of you who reminded me that I needed to update...keep holding my feet to the fire!

While I was on the road, I went from Asheville to Colorado to Montreal back to Asheville over a 2 week stretch. I was visiting other chapters of the Boys To Men International Mentoring Network, helping them initiate boys so that they may begin their journey to manhood. Along the way I got to stay in Golden, Co. with some dear friends, then I got to visit the oldest city in North America, Montréal, again, staying with dear friends while I was in Canada. 



Here are some images from the Denver Airport, Old Montréal, a 9,000 square foot apartment overlooking Montréal. Much love to our host at the palace, thanks so much for having us over for some wine, that was a beautiful way to spend my birthday evening!


Hope you enjoy. 



Photobucket
Denver International Airport

Photobucket
D.I.A.

Photobucket
D.I.A.

Photobucket
D.I.A.
*I was amazed I had not been arrested by this point, walking around taking pictures of how the airport works with a professional digital SLR. (AND.. the Threat level was Orange - so said the announcement)

Photobucket
Laying on the floor at D.I.A.

Photobucket
Buggy Mania

Photobucket
Airport Café

Photobucket
D.I.A.

Photobucket
Denver Airport's imitation of the Rocky Mountains

Photobucket
The Biggest outdoor patio I have ever seen... attached to the largest apartment I have ever been in. You are looking at the 3 floor main bedroom sweet. Yowza!

Photobucket
Enjoying a vino by the fire

Photobucket
Looking away from downtown Montreal.. the Ferris wheel is where I spent my birthday... La Rondé: 6 flags Montreal

Photobucket
The Oldest city in North America... and one of the prettiest.

Photobucket
Clock tower and River
***Keep in mind these were all taken from the terrace of the apartment we were visiting. Oh, and I dint have a tripod.

***Much thanks to our gracious host!!!

Photobucket
Lobby of the building

Photobucket
Stairs from above

Photobucket
Lobby water feature

Photobucket
Lobby water feature

Photobucket
Lobby

1 comment:

Forest said...

Beautiful shots Jon. Airports are fascinating. Badges of pride for the cities they represent, and havens of anonymity for those who visit.

Montreal looks like a groovy place to kick it - 'specially if you're on a rooftop patio like that...