Tuesday

Grace W.

In addition to weddings, children and families and commercial work, I shoot with some local models in Asheville. I had the pleasure of working with Grace for a second recently. We were working in the Flat Iron Building, which is the building my studio is in. This building has a wonderful history and is blessed with wonderful spaces in which to shoot. It has a nostalgic energy, often feeling like an early 20's or 30's romance, slash, detective novel. Originally, we were going to have Grace's hair done in a style of the period but there was some confusion with the hair person, so we made the best of what we had and had a wonderful shoot!  Thanks a lot to Moria for the make up help. 
Hope you enjoy the images. You will probably see more of Grace in the future. 


Photobucket
Grace in the window

Photobucket
I like the back lighting and the clean feel of this pose and composition.

Photobucket
The shoes off give a great casual, sexy feel to this image.

Photobucket
Playing around with the faux mink Grace brought with her.

Photobucket
This is the only shot in the series where I used studio lighting. The was no way for me to get the look I was hoping for with natural lighting. I like this shot a lot, Grace's modeling ability really shines here.

No comments: