Tuesday

Nikki and Dan - Engagement session

One of the aspects of my work I enjoy the most is getting to spend time with, and document, people in love. Nikki and Dan are perfect examples of this. 
The new couple hired my a year ago to shoot their engagements, wedding and bridals shots. During the year since we signed the contract, I have gotten to know Nikki and Dan really well. We have had many email and phone conversations and the subjects of those conversations have ranged from the many aspects of planning a wedding, to Buddhism,vegetarianism, live music and everything in between. 
Nikki and Dan are one of the couples you hear people speak of... the couples who were made for each other...  "a match made in heaven"... This is not lip service. The support each other fully in their endeavors, they stretch each other to grow, they laugh a lot, honestly listen to each other and to be around them is a real joy. 
Recently, after battling scheduling Dan in Ohio, Nikki in Cary NC, and a non cooperative mother nature, we finally got together in Asheville to shoot their engagements images. We spent time downtown, in the Flat Iron building, and at one of my favorite locales, the botanical gardens at UNC Ashevile. We ate chocolate, walked around and laughed as I kept the camera to my eye looking for images that best represent Nikki and Dan's deep connection. I think I got several images that show their love...


Thanks Nikki and Dan... I had a blast with you guys!




Photobucket
Love the big smile on Nikki's face. This was shot walking around downtown Asheville.

Photobucket
A quiet moment by the creek at the botanical gardens. One of my favorite images.

Photobucket
Lounging on the grass. They are so comfortable together, and this image captures that.

Photobucket
Nikki and Dan spent four months working on their "first dance" for the wedding. Knowing how much time and effort they put into it, I asked them to give me a little demo during our shoot. I was impressed, these two know how to move around the dance floor! * More to come of the dancing couple from the wedding.

Photobucket
Another sweet moment of their deep, loving connection.

Photobucket
Too cute! Hanging out by the river.

Photobucket
This is my second favorite. Nikki leaning on her man, and Dan there for her completely. Love it!

No comments: