Monday

Winter Beauty

So we got another healthy dose of winter this weekend and I was initially saddened by the weather because we had to postpone our Fundraiser for Journeymen due to the snow, but I managed to make the best of the weekend. I got up early yesterday and saw that the snow had a beautiful crust of ice on it and I knew that I had to get out and shoot before the sun hit it, so I got my boots on and headed out my door. Living on the north side of the mountain, things tend to freeze more quickly and stay frozen a little longer, great for photography, not so good for the road.. but that's another post. :)
Here are a couple of shots from the bushes and tress around my home...
Happy Winter!

 
Photobucket
Loved the light coming through the pine boughs on this shot.
Photobucket
A leaf holds on from fall.
Photobucket
The frozen snow crystals on this vine looked like a beautiful, natural barb wire.
Photobucket
The delicacy of nature reveals itself to me when I take the time to stop and look.
Photobucket
Frozen "hitch hikers".
Photobucket
The red of the berries against the white of the snow caught my eye here.
Photobucket
Ok, coolest example of mother natures magic right here. This is a spider web that has collected moisture and frozen. It was gently blowing in the morning breeze and to my amazement, the ice crystals did not break, but gently flexed with each breeze.
Photobucket
One of the prettiest blue skies I have seen in a while. No manipulation here... this is the real color.

No comments: