Wednesday

Boys To Men Mentoring Weekend

Hello All...
I am posting to let everyone know I am off to take part in a Mentoring Weekend that helps boys (ages 12-18) in their transition to becoming young men. I am very excited to have the opportunity to be involved with this work. I feel strongly that society no longer honors the Rights of Passage and that lack of importance in society has larger, broader implications on the lives of boys and men.
The organization that puts on the event is called Boys To Men and they have several chapters around the US, mostly in major cities. The weekend is called the Rights of Passage Adventure and it takes place in the woods and allows boys to look at what works in their lives and what does not. Boys to Men provides boys with mentoring and modeling so that they learn integrity, accountability, compassion and respect. They help boys develop responsibility and guide them toward healthy manhood. It is my intention is to create a chapter here in Asheville to serve the South East.
I will be out of touch from Wednesday the 24th of October until Monday the 29th.
I hope you all have a great weekend, and look forward to the pictures I will bring back form my adventure.

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair a broken man." - Fredrick Douglas


No comments: