Tuesday

Welcome to Jon Leidel's Brand New Blog!




Hello Friends,
I would like to welcome all of you to my new Blog.
I have been inspired by my friend Corey McNabb's blog; "McBlog" and have decided to join the blogging community.I have never had a blog before, so you will have to bare with me as I post content and learn the in's and out's of this medium. I am excited to be able to share with the world my images, emotions and whatever else I feel like sharing. I invite all of you to give me feedback on what you find here. For those of you who have been at this a while, please feel free to impart any wisdom you may have gained on me. Stay tuned, I am off to Montana, specifically Missoula, to say hello to friends I made while I was attending the Rocky Mountain School of Photography's Summer Intensive program. I will be traveling around and hope to spend a couple of days in Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks, and I will be posting images from my trip here. You can find a collection of my images from the last time I was out west on my site: www.jonleidel.com.
I wonder how many other photographers out there have as much trouble as I did finding a picture of themselves to post. My friend Tom Fullum took this picture when he was visiting me here in Asheville over the Christmas holiday. He is a talented fashion photographer, and we were playing with his Leaf digital back for his Mamiya RZ67. If you visit his site, the shots of the model Amber, were taken at the top of the mountain I live on, using a Profoto portable battery pack and D4 heads. If you can believe it, it was still very light out when the shot was taken.
Well, folks, that's it for now. I hope to hear from you all soon.
Cheers,
Jon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautilful work, Love. My Heart fills with Joy to watch you pursue and fulfill your dreams. I love you.

A

Kristin P. said...

Hi Jon-
I just finished taking a journey through your web site and I love it. The music is a great accompanyment. You have such a great ability to capture the beauty and magic of children, nature, music and life. It is especially seen by the looks in the eyes of the babies and kids. Your pictures of nature remind me of how much joy it brings to my heart. You have found a way to practice your true essence through your "work." I know that is more of a love affair for you than anything else and that's what makes it so beutiful. You Rock!
Your friend,
Kristin
ps-this is my first blog ever-hope I did it right.